Monday, September 6, 2010


DIY: Familiar Finishes!

I've long been a fan of Crate and Barrel and their organizational solutions, as well as their clean use of color (though I am more apt to personally identify with the style choices of CB2).



Again with this week's catalog collection... I noticed these chairs in the Crate and Barrel Best Buys Catalog and, while I quite like them, I was reminded of something....


My dining room chairs, which I spent last Spring collecting from local antique stores/Salvation Army, then hit up the spray paint aisle at Menard's and went to town. I paired them with my great grandmother's dining table after applying a coat of whitewash. The combination of these and Fiestaware* is charming!

So, by all means people, do-it-yourself!

*Fiesta dishes are my second favorite vintage dishware after Pyrex!
(and Kohl's doesn't count as vintage!)

No comments :

Post a Comment