Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Breakfast with a Side of #PureMichigan

Years ago, after a Guster concert at Interlochen (with an amazing surprise accompaniment by the campers), we ended up at a nearby German brewhouse called Hofbrau

Fast-forward to just a few months ago, as someone recapped the amazing all-you-can-eat buffet they had at this adorable place up North. They pulled a picture on their phone to show me. "Hey," I said, "I've been there."

My curiously would not be pacified till I went up North and tried this Sunday buffet, which includes carved prime rib, an omelette station, chocolate Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, German potatoes, and hand-dipped chocolate strawberries, myself.
It was pretty basic fare, and alone not worth the drive. But we added to the trip with a pass through the Sleeping Bear Dunes scenic drive and a stop in Glen Arbor for a Cherry Republic wine tasting and sandwiches at Art's Tavern.
The sky was blue and the lakeshore was beautiful. All-in-all a wonderful Pure Michigan day. 

No comments :

Post a Comment