Sunday, March 2, 2014

Reflections: Potato Lover's Month

Why does potato month have to be the shortest month of the year?
In honor of my favorite tuber, I will share two potato firsts I experienced during that short month that came and went so swiftly.

First, the amazing Microwave Chip Tray from  Pampered Chef. This tray is reason alone to attend a Pampered Chef party. I was so skeptical when my grandma introduced me to it on my recent trip to Phoenix. But Ho. Ly. Chip. It totally does work!! Just slice the potato, lay on tray and microwave!

Then, while in Vegas, I had my first taste of Poutine at the Public House. Poutine is a dish common in Canada consisting of french fries, cheese curds and gravy. (I of course had it sans gravy, cheese curds and duck confit... so in essence I had french fries > but it felt like a true cultural experience!)

So February has passed, but I will no doubt go on enjoying the potato and potato-themed snacks for the next 11 months till it's here again. If you feel like a belated celebration, try one of the billion and a half inspired potato recipes on Pinterest.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment