Thursday, March 14, 2013

Doodle your [Best] Day

When I was in NYC last summer, the NY Public Library (that I so much fell in love with) had a display of Google Doodles that had been done by grade school students across the country. The art was a showcase of the finalists for the last year's Doodle 4 Google program.  
Doodle 4 Google is an annual contest that invites K-12 students in the US to create an original Google Doodle based on the theme “My Best Day Ever…”. The winning student appears on the Google homepage, and receives a college scholarship and  technology grant for their school.



The artwork I saw from last year was both impressive and imaginative. Some may have excelled in technical skill but others excelled in pure spirit. I particularly enjoyed the drawings that showcased an ideal, not (yet) touched by cynicism. It leads me to wonder... would would my Best Day have been like at 9? What would it be like now?
Have a K-12 grader? You have 8 days left to enter the 2013 Doodle 4 Google contest. Get more information here! North Dakota is currently leading the country in submissions. Let's go Michigan!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment