Saturday, July 3, 2010

Il Bel Far Niente*

Chihuly at Frederick Meijer Gardens.

As I sat by the pool today, I realized that we here in Grand Rapids, have had five or six days now of flawless blue skies. Zero clouds. Accompanied by brilliant, green blades of grass. This blue-green combination is not something I would typically choose were I actually designing something versus lounging at the pool, but when it happens naturally, I find it absolutely stunning.

Of all the wonders in the world, Nature's palette is the one that continues to impress me the most.

*This, I learned while reading Eat Pray Love poolside, means "the beauty of doing nothing" in Italian. Which I enjoy just slightly more than l'arte d'arrangiarsi or "the art of making something out of nothing".

No comments :

Post a Comment