Friday, November 28, 2014

Smells like Thanksgiving. Tastes like it too?

Pinterest has turned us all into DIYers. And Starbucks has turned the world into Pumpkin Spice obsessives. So it was a sudden whim of obvious genius when I decided to make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Soap.

I'd never made soap before, and I've got to say, having done so now, it's a weird idea to me. Melting down soap base, adding color and scent (in this case pumpkin spice), and reforming it into soap seems a bit silly and redundant. But it's easy and fun, and it leaves you with something personal and handmade.  
There's loads of links and DIY resources and ideas on Pinterest. The one soap making tip I have... use a plastic silicone mold, don't pour into glass containers to harden. Other than that, it's easier than (pumpkin spice) pie.

No comments :

Post a Comment