I am so totally pleased with myself today. In general, but mainly for the unplanned snack I was able to make on this windy Fall day with items I had unhand. It's almost unreal how easy this was.
I found this recipe for Maple Cinnamon Candied Almonds on Lark & Linen, and on a whim got up to make it.
Maple Cinnamon Candied Almonds
• 4 cups raw almonds
• 1 egg white
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Beat your egg white until foamy and frothy.
3. Mix in the maple syrup.
4. In a separate bowl, add sugar, cinnamon and salt until combined.
5. Add your almonds to your egg mixture and toss to coat.
6. Pour your cinnamon mixtures into your almond mixture and toss to coat.
7. Pour almonds in a single layer onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 1 hour, stirring almonds every 15 minutes.
9. Once you remove them from the oven, let them cool completely, stirring every so often to break them up.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
It really was that simple.This is a recipe I will go back to time and time again. It may even show up in a few weeks in the form of holiday gifts....