Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twisted Christmas (Coffee Cake)

The food festivities have begun!

I spent most of the afternoon working on this Gooey Apricot Orange Twisted Coffee Cake (which means, yes, we essentially served coffee cake for Christmas Eve dinner). This is actually a recipe I attempted Thanksgiving weekend, only to encounter total ruin (I think I murdered my yeast). 
This was one of my first attempts working with yeast, and after my Thanksgiving failure, we were particularly careful. Operating without the aid of the KitchenAid (ok... we may have let my mothers bread machine do 15 minutes worth of kneading for us....), we ended up with the most perfectly, round dough I've ever created.
The results were a phenomenally sweet treat. And though not quite Country Cleaver pretty, it was well worth the second attempt!

No comments :

Post a Comment