Thursday, January 24, 2013

Calling Cinderellas Everywhere

My mother likes to tell me that when she saw my Barbie shoes laying around, she took satisfaction in vacuuming them up. She hated the ridiculous little shoes that never stayed on Barbie's over-arched, plastic feet. 

But here I am, 20+ years later, still enthralled with tiny shoes. I found these miniature shoes made from polymer clay by YingyingO on Etsy.
The 24-year-old Brooklyn artist (originally from Shanghai China) understands women's fascination with shoes. She designs her collection of miniatures so we can collect all kinds of beautiful shoes, regardless of what we actually wear day to day.

Each shoe is about 1.5 inches tall. They are beautiful in their precise detail, and absolute miniatureness! 

No comments :

Post a Comment