Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Earning my Full Attention

Once again, a seemingly standard and unimpressive catalog from Anthropologie has blown my mind when given a second look. 

Last summer, I traveled to Spain where I was struck by the complex tilework at the Alhambra and the striking designs of Antoni Gaudí

When October's Anthropologie's catalog arrived, my only slightly impressed thought was, that looks like Alhambra-inspired tiles. Today I realized the entire catalog was a tribute to Gaudí using his mind-bending work and beloved city of Barcelona as a backdrop, including the sites of Park Güell, Casa Batlló and Sagrada Familia
I love the manner in which Gaudí's organic forms fit so naturally with the Anthropologie collection. The fabric textures, layered on top of the tile patterns create a beautiful combination of color and culture. They've (rightly) dubbed the effect "wearable works of art". 

Lesson learned, never flip so carelessly through the Antropologie catalog. It has proven that it deserves to be absorbed and admired. 

1 comment :

  1. I wonder if it was 110 degrees during there photo shoot like it was when we were there. To this day, I can't think of Barcelona without sweating. Still, AMAZING city, AMAZING art, and pretty cool photos!

    ReplyDelete