Friday, January 20, 2012

Spirit of 2012.... According to the DL Tribune


Ok, so the card I designed for my parents made it's way to Minnesota—to a friend of their's that my dad met in New Orleans while doing work with Habitat. Said friend sent the card to the Detroit Lakes Tribune, and the paper wrote this article about it.

(Read the full article here) "Patriots come in all sizes, shapes and forms. Some wear the uniform of our military and bravely carry our flag in foreign lands; some are school children who recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning; some Democrats and Republicans serve in our congress; some are ordinary loyal citizens of all beliefs, liberal, conservative and middle-of-the-road, who love and support their homeland year in and year out in their daily lives; and some are like Frank and Jenny who trumpet their love of this country with calls to action like their “Occupy 2012” statement. I can picture them walking now and I see them as “The Spirit of 2012.” "

I'm so glad the card made it out of Grand Rapids, and that someone understood and appreciated the sentiment and message! You know, I seriously may be more excited about this than I was about winning an Addy last year.

"Whether you agree or disagree with Frank and Jenny’s agenda for 2012, you have to admire the spirit and optimism of the greeting. "

Thanks to Tim and Cheri for sending the card in, and Thanks to Lynn Hummel, for recognizing one small step in a long race.


No comments :

Post a Comment