Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I feel like a lost some focus this month (but no weight). The weather got warmer, and the days got longer and fuller. But I still made some new and interesting food.

I was skeptical about this because radishes are often quite harsh and bitter, but I served this over angel hair pasta with fresh broccoli and mushrooms and it was delicious!

Like most scones, these are heavy. Good, but I ate one and then didn't want to move for 8 hours.
I cannot bake! Another cookie fail. I know what happened, I over-mixed the batter. It was whipped and delicious but didn't bake-up right!
I had some buttermilk to use up in the fridge so I found this on kraftfoods.com. I was initially skeptical about this, but the trick is to maintain the oil temperature. There's not a lot of flavor because i didn't include the bacon, but i mixed a yogurt/honey/cinnamon/sugar dip and that was delicious. I think you could add flavor from like a ranch powder or something. The downside is now my house reeks of hot oil and it may prevent me from marking this as a keeper!


No comments :

Post a Comment