Monday, December 13, 2010

From one Junkies Point of View: Cookies or Crack?

For someone who claims to be anti-holiday, there really are quite a few things about the holidays that I enjoy immensely.

Namely, cookies.


When I moved into my house, 4 years ago this month, my neighbors were neighborly and brought by a plate of cookies. Sustenance for unpacking and painting and such.


Included in this batch were nuggets of ginger flavored crack—disguised cleverly as charming Christmas cookies. I'm a huge fan of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, well, spices in general really, but this family here really screams Christmas to me.

My new neighbors happily shared their recipe with me, and now I happily share it with you.


From one addict to another, these are amazing.

Chocolate Chip & Ginger Cookies
• 7 oz. chocolate chips
• 1 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
• 1 1/4
teaspoon ground ginger
• 1
teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4
teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1
tablespoon cocoa powder
• 8
tablespoon softened butter
• 1
tablespoon ginger
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda

1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cocoa.
2. In another bowl, beat butter and ginger until fluffy. Add brown sugar and molasses and mix until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in 1 1/2 teaspoons bowling water. Mix half of the flour
mixture into the butter mixture, then add the baking soda mixture and the rest of the flour mixture. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Heat over to 325 degrees. Roll dough into balls and chill for 15 minutes. bake until the surfaces crack slightly, 10 – 12 minutes. let cool 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments :

Post a Comment