Monday, August 2, 2010

When Life Gives you Cucumbers, Make Pickles!
Today I picked 14 cucumbers from my little side garden. Since that's more cucumbers than any rational person needs, I did the only sane thing, I made pickles! I thought I'd share my mother's simple, yet delicious Refrigerator Pickle recipe with you:
3 - 4 cucumbers
1 bell pepper (green or red)
1 onion
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dill seed
Fresh dill sprigs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar

– Slice cucumbers, pepper and onion. Combine in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, dill seed and fresh dill. Set aside for 1 - 2 hours.
Stir sugar into vinegar until it dissolves. Pour over cucumber mixture. Stir together. Refrigerate 12 hours.

I'm not the only one having an Awesome August Pickle Extravaganza. Check out these plush pickles from Plushoff on Etsy!

No comments :

Post a Comment