Friday, July 23, 2010


Carving Couch Potato

I was watching a movie this evening (
Valentines Day, which I give a reluctant 3 stars), and since I'm completely incapable of sitting, I used the down time to do a little block carving.

This is something I haven't done in a long while, but I used Speedball carving rubber adhered to a scrap piece of linoleum. It was easier than I remembered, and it was great to step away from the glow of my computer (and into the glow of my television) and do something hands-on.

By the end of the movie, I had a custom stamp that I can use to make custom labels for my mother's canned goods. And I even got a mani/pedi done as well!

If you're interested in trying your own block prints, starter kits can be purchased at most hobby stores.


No comments :

Post a Comment